Soltan bin Saad Al-Muraikhi
H.E. Mr. Soltan bin Saad Al-Muraikhi
State Minister for Foreign Affairs
Year of birth: 1957
Social Status: Married and a father of 2 children
Date of Appointment in the Ministry of Foreign Affairs: 11 July 1984
- Promoted to the rank of an Ambassador Plenipotentiary and Extraordinary 01 January 2013
- Promoted to the rank of an Undersecretary 2003.
- Bachelor in Political Science - U.S.A
- Third Secretary, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, appointed on 11 July1984.
- Assistant of the Director of the Minister of State of Foreign Affairs, from 04 May1988 to 26 January1990.
- Director of the Office of the Ministry's Undersecretaryship, from 27 January 1990 to 28 August1994.
- Second Secretary at the Embassy of State of Qatar in Washington, from 29 August 1994 to 10 August 1997.
- Consul General at the Consulate of the State of Qatar in Houston, from 11 August 1997 to 31 August 2000.
- Delegated to the Office of His Highness the Heir Apparent at the Emiri Diwan during the period from 01 September 2000 to 2005.
- Ambassador Plenipotentiary and Extraordinary at the Embassy of the State of Qatar in Rome, from 04 November 2005 to 2013.
- Permanent Representative of the State of Qatar to the UN in Rome, from 04 November 2005 to 2013.
- Ambassador Plenipotentiary and Extraordinary at the Embassy of the State of Qatar in Athens, from 09 December 2013 to 11 December 2016.
- Assistant to the Minister of Foreign Affairs at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, appointed on 02 March 2016.
- Minister of State for Foreign Affairs at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, appointed on 30 June 2016.
- Merit of Grand Officer awarded by the President of the Italian Republic 16 November 2007.
- Merit of Grand Officer awarded by the President of the Italian Republic 06 February 2014.
Participate in several regional and international conferences.